Hi, I'm Aidan!
- I'm a senior studying CS + Linguistics at UIUC from the DC Metro Area.
- I'm currently applying to grad schools for NLP. I've done research in Irony Detection, but all subfields of NLP interest me.
- I'm particularly interested in how linguistics can be applied to augment neural models.
Irony Detection Publication (Accepted Paper SemEval 2018)
Concept Modeling (CS 546)
- Project to figure out concepts (ie. Addition, Arithmetic, Calculus) from MOOC courses and map their relationships
- Concept Chunker - Uses IOB tagging to determine where multiword concept phrases start and end
- 1 LSTM Hidden Layer (PyTorch)
- Results on MOOC Lecture Dataset (Test): Accuracy: .961, Macro F1: .883
Facebook SWE Intern
- Language and Translation Technology Team (Applied Machine Learning Org.)
- Used Python to improve translation data quality
- Attended weekly translation reading group
Chair of Special Interest Group for Natural Language Learning
- Develop new course material about NLP topics
- Logistic Regression, ANNs, Word Embeddings, Dependency Parsing
Course Assistant for Datastructures (CS225)
- Hold office hours and answer student questions during lab
- Work on guidebook (website to explain datastructures in a simple way)
- Example Guidebook article (* and & as Operators and Types)